Sunny Meadows Flower Farm is an urban flower farm located 6 miles from downtown Columbus, producing sustainably grown fresh cut flowers and seasonal wedding floral designs of the highest quality.
We strive for responsible stewardship, with fairly treated employees, supporting a healthy community. Our flowers will arouse feelings of nostalgia, creating a botanical journey through seasonality and plant diversity. We hope to cultivate a greater connection to where your flowers come from, historically influenced by small scale floriculture.
We will express gratitude for those that have supported us throughout the business.
We will be creative and efficient in our use of our resources to produce quality products for sale. We will keep accurate and up to date records, and monitor our finances regularly.
We will implement a communication system where people feel heard and respected. We will be good listeners and respect each other’s opinions. We will look to create synergy with others and respect all in the community.
We will also be respectful and lead by example with integrity and trust.
We will study, investigate and implement good management practices that are sound from a financial, ecological and social perspective.
We will strive to lead a balanced farm and family, scheduling time for off-farm activities.
We will practice responsible financial planning, including retirement and savings.
We will practice good crop planning in order to maximize profit and efficiency.
We will devote time to each other for a healthy marriage.
We will first create a healthy environment for our plants and ourselves. We will use preventative measures and biological controls whenever possible should problems arise with pests or diseases.
We will take vacation from the farm and will learn to take time for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Quality of Life/Values
- We value happiness, mindfulness and self-care.
- We enjoy connecting with others and creating harmonious relationships.
- We value time management, leaving time for rest, time for family, friends, and pets.
- Sunshine and watching things grow, providing an enriched, healthy environment for all plants and beings.
- Personal growth and life long learning - book smarts and visiting farms, as well as learning by doing.
- An efficient and productive farm, supporting our family as sole income.
- Bringing joy to others with the beauty of flowers.
- Choosing the path less travelled.
- Our healthy mind, body, soul.
- Financial security.
- Sharing our knowledge and inspiring others, as well as always seeking inspiration.
- We value creativity and a supportive community where people are valued.
Our farm will be an example of a profitable, sustainable, successful farm business. Our farm will be bountiful and beautiful, and something to be desired by our successors. We will be an inspiration to future farmer florists. Our community will see us as responsible stewards of the land.